Artwork Submission Guidelines
Print Ready File Creation
Our preferred file format is high resolution TIFF exports. PDF export files are also acceptable, but note that the processing of these may result in changes color intensity, especially darker shades. Please do not send original Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign files – unintentional changes in fonts, colors and specifications may happen.
Please follow these Basic Guidelines:
- All fonts and texts must be converted to curves/outlines.
- Resolution: Equivalent to 100% final size at
100-120 dpi. Check your files for pixelation or banding on color gradations.
- Size: Use the templates specified per each
product line. Use LZW compression on TIFF files and compress everything using
ZIP. Pay attention to live viewable areas where your most important graphics are found.
- Proof reading: Monster Displays is not
responsible for errors in text, please proof read in detail.
Digital large format printers do not print PMS or RGB colors. Please prepare all art in CMYK color space. If color matching is crucial for your project, our design team can manually adjust colors to match a PMS reference as close as possible. A printed proof is recommended. Additional fees apply.
Files that contain unnecessary info take longer to prepare for printing. Especially in Illustrator files, make sure there are no straying elements outside of the document area.
Page Layout Checklist:
- Import graphics at 100% (or images will print
- Crop images before importing (to reduce size of
- Delete objects off to side of document (to
reduce size of file)
- Text used in artwork must be outlined or fonts
given with artwork
- Be sure that Image is saved at Full Size and
- The image must be in correct proportion to the
Final Print Size if it is scaled down
- Please make sure that final art is submitted
without bleeds or registration and crop marks unless othe
- Use only alphanumeric characters, and underscores when naming files to be uploaded.
- Do not use symbols or spaces in file names: #, $, or &, etc...
We keep files in our system for 3 months, make sure to specify if you need long-term backup for future reprints.